Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Time/Money Saver

There are some things you do just because your mom does it that way. You don't really know why you do it that way, but you just do. Most of the ways I cook is because that's how my mom or Mamaw cooks. One of the things I do (because my mom always did) is buy a 5 lb roll of hamburger meat and divide it up. At first I didn't know why I did it, but after looking into buying meat I realized that the 5 lb roll is cheaper than the rest. I can't tell the difference between the 5 lb roll and the smaller "fresher" meat. I buy 73%/27%. It's fattier, but it's cheaper than the less fat meat.

You could easily throw the whole 5 lb roll in the freezer after you get home from the store. But why thaw the whole 5 lbs when you're only going to use 1 lb? You're not suppose to re-freeze meat once it's been thawed. So, I divide the 5 lb roll into 5 seperate freezer bags, label and write the date on it, and freeze that way. When I want to cook burgers, spagetti, hamburger helper, or anything else that requires 1 lb of hamburger meat, I just pull out one bag to thaw so I don't waste meat.

It save time and money!


No comments:

Post a Comment