Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Packing for Kids

I love to sleep in! I hate waking up in the morning. I literally set my alarm clock so I have enough time to hit snooze a couple of times. Since I love to sleep in, I tend to run late. I get frazzeled when I run late and always seem to forget to bring something. You think I would learn to wake up even earlier after a while. But I have learned to pack the night before so that I don't forget anything of the girls.

If I forget something of my own I can usually live, but having two little girls, I can't forget to bring their stuff. There is always a diaper to be changed, a mouth to feed, or clothes needing to be changed. I thought I'd share what I pack for the girls.

Brooklyn (almost 3):
  • Change of clothes (shirt, shorts, panties, socks, and tennis shoes)
  • Pj's (when we're at our families late we let the girls take a bath there so we can put them right to bed when we get home)
  • Sunglasses: Brooklyn's eyes are blue and very sensative to the sun)
  • Sippy cup: I can't expect everyone to have one or be okay with a 2 year old using a big girl cup at their house
  • "Cookie bar": granola bar for when she gets hungry
  • Pull-ups: we're still working on potty training :)
 





Addison (3 months old):

  • Medicine bag: baby powder, mylecone, oragel, baggies, prescribed meds, desitin, and children's Tylenol (who knows when we will need any of these. By keeping them in the bag all the time we always know where they are even when we're at home)
  • Change of clothes
  • Pj's
  • Burp clothes and bibs (several since I have a very drooly baby)
  • Bottle (usually with water already in it)
  • Pre-measured formula
  • Diapers, wipes, & butt paste
  • Pacy (she doesn't take one a lot but I'd rather have one to be safe)



I hope this helps the moms or soon-to-be-moms. If you have kids please share what you do because you might have better preparations than me :)

1 comment:

  1. this is a great list! I haven't thought about the med bag for Aleah! That would definitely come in handy! And I've learned too to do it all at night....I've even started showering at night to save tons of time in the morning!

    ReplyDelete