Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Our Hectic Week

Life has been completely hectic for the past 2 weeks!! I've been at my house for probably a total of 36 hours where I haven't been sleeping.
My mom moved 2 weekends ago so I spent several days helping her. I don't know where my organizing gene comes from because it doesn't come from my mom. Thankfully I LOVE to organize! I helped her get moved and organized in a matter of days.

Wednesday of that week, Brooklyn and I had plans to go to the Little Rock Zoo with her friends from school...but mommy got called for an interview. :) So, I let Brooklyn go with her friend Maelyn and her mom who was gracious enough to take/watch B for the morning. I went to my interview which I felt went really well. I was so nervous I was shaking, but once I got in there God calmed me down. I don't know yet if I will get this job, but I'm not worried. I know for a fact that God has the PERFECT job picked out for me. One where I can be used to show His Love. I've applied for several jobs and I know many more will open up over the summer. I'm just thankful to get called for an interview because I know people who tried all last summer without getting a single interview. Plus, now I have a feel of how the interview process goes so hopefully I won't be so nervous next time.

Thursday I had planned for me and the girls to go to Cabot to see my friend Jacqueline and her daughter Lexi. We don't get to hang out near enough. But all chaos broke loose at my house that morning... Ok, so this is a bit of an exaggeration, but I was STRESSED!!

After the girls woke up and we had breakfast, I started a load of laundry, then took the girls outside to help me pull some weeds out of our flower garden in the front because it was needing a little TLC. We had been outside for maybe 20 minutes when I saw some ants so I went around to the garage, opened it to get the ant spray and was met with an inch of water covering my garage floor!!! I immediatly called my grandparents because they know how to handle these types of situations. After I got off the phone with them, I took the girls inside where I saw that my hallway, laundry room, kitchen, master bedroom, and master closet were covered with water!!!! PANIC!! I did a little more calling to get help, turned off the water to the washing machine, fed Addison, layed her down for a nap, then had a minor panic attack all before anyone showed up. Luke was at school in LR, but thankfully with the help of my grandparents and Luke's papaw, we got all the water cleaned up and diagnosed the problem as a broken washing machine all within 2 hours. Thankfully nothing was ruined or even messed up.

Pop (Luke's dad) came over, saw the problem, then went straight to Lowe's to buy us a new washing machine!! We are so blessed to have them! He picked out an HE machine that is huge and absolutly wonderful!! I love doing laundry now!!

We ended up getting to go to Cabot and enjoy the evening relaxing with Jacqueline and Lexi.

Since then, we've spent time time with Luke's family, celebrated my grandmother's 75th birthday, took a break to go swimming at Centennial, painted a room at my grandparents (it takes me twice as long now having 2 little ones around), and played with Brooklyn's friends at the park. Yes, it's been crazy. My house is needing some care because I haven't been home long enough to get everything back in order from the "flood." But, I wouldn't trade any of it because I enjoy what I do. Maybe next week I can finish up a couple of projects and then rest. I sure do need some "boring" stay-at-home-rest-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment