Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Promise from God

A couple weeks ago, I got a text with a verse from the Bible from Lynzie. She sent the same verse to me again this morning. So did Toya! How crazy that of all the verses in the Bible, I got the exact same verse sent to me twice within 15 minutes! The verse was from Exodus:

"Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today...The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent." Exodus 14:13-14

How powerful are these two verses! They give a promise that the Lord will fight for you!! The One and Only Lord of all creation will fight for ME!! You can't read these verses without feeling hope. No matter what troubles you face, no matter what heartaches reach the depths of your soul, God will fight for you! He isn't going to abandon you in the tough times. He isn't going to abandon you in the good times. He. Will. ALWAYS. Be. There!

There are so many times when I feel so alone. I had a really rough week last week and even though I was surrounded by family, I felt alone. I didn't feel like anyone could understand what I was going through. I cleaned. I organized. I cried. I baked cookies. I went on with my daily life because there was nothing else to do. But even through all that, I felt hope. I knew and will always know that God will fight for me! He is my protector. My Savior. My Redeemer. My Hope. No matter what trials I face, what joys I am priviledged to experience, my Lord is always there for me! I don't have to do anything for Him, or to help Him. I have only to believe in Him!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, a couple of weeks ago I was crying out to the Lord in prayer for several friends that were going through struggles. Through out the prayer the Lord brought the song to my heart I can't quiet remember the title or who sang it but the main jest of it was that His heart breaks for what breaks ours. I pray that you find comfort in knowing that we serve a God that loves us. Know that I love you and am praying that God will continue to bless you guys with His hope and His future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much.....
    I'm proud of you. So glad you were reminded of His promises and cling to them. Praying for you. Love those verses. Lynz showed those to me too when I was struggling...shes a great friend like that huh?

    ReplyDelete