Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25

Saturday, February 19, 2011

How to get INK out of Carpet

About a week ago Luke and I noticed we had two black stains in our bedroom carpet. We had absolutly no clue how they got there. Our only guess was Chloe must have busted open a pin. I was about to freak out! This is my brand new house with brand new carpet. Neither is even a year old! I take pride in keeping it looking nice so I wanted those stains gone!! I first tried resolve because that usually works for me...not this time. I got online and did a little research on how to remove the stains. Here's what I tried...and what worked for me..




This is one of the stains before...very noticable!!



And the other


Everywhere I looked online said to use vinegar or hairspray. We didn't have vinegar so I tried spraying hairspray on the stain, laying a rag on top, and ironing it. It pulled up some of the ink...until I ran out of my hairspray (which was low to begin with). After I had time to go to the store I tried the vinegar...nothing. My Mamaw had mentioned using ammonia, so I picked some up and tried that. It worked so much better than the hairspray and vinegar! I had to be careful so that I wouldn't bleach my carpet but most of the ink disappeared with a lot of scrubbing.







These are the stains afterwards. You can still see them if you look closely...but I'm going to try not to notice them.



I thought this might be useful to the moms and wifes out there.






1 comment:

  1. Did you ever figure out what happened??? I'm definitely going to remember this!

    ReplyDelete