Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25

Saturday, February 5, 2011

History

I'm not a history person AT. ALL!! I've dropped history 5 times while being in college! I toughed it out my freshman year (mainly cause my best friend was in the class) and took world history...but I still needed American Nations. I tried taking it online at Pulaski Tech...decided I didn't want to read. I tried it with one professor...he was fun...the content was NOT! That class got dropped after the first test...before I found out my grade. Next semester I tried it again with a different teacher...he was not nice or fun which made the subject even worse! Dropped that one quickly. Last May I tried to take it during intercession. She wanted me to read 4 chapters and take 2 quizzes A NIGHT???!!! You've got to be kidding me. Needless to say I dropped that one after 3 days.

I kept putting it off and thought I'd take it this coming summer...but my advisor had other plans for me. He told me he wouldn't admit me into Internship II (my final semester) if I hadn't taken this class by the end of May. Well there goes my plan of taking it in the summer. So I decided to take it online at ASU Beebe. I didn't want to have to sit in class and transfer grades don't count towards my GPA, only the credit does. It hasn't been too bad. I read everyday in my textbook. Its actually a little interesting (I can't believe I just said that!). I discuss with other people who are taking this class online. I can hold my own in discussions (I learned from Mrs. Henderson in 12th grade). Even if I don't read I can make something up that still sounds smarter than most of the other discussion posts. So, I'm doing pretty well. 50/50 on my first section of discussions. I just turned in my first test. And only 4 more weeks to go!! I'm half-way through!!

This is a big accomplishment for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment